Human Resources (HR) Manager
The Halikos Group is currently seeking an experienced Human Resources Manager to join our company.
As Halikos Group HR Manager reporting to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for providing support and advice to Halikos Group managers and staff across the business. You will contribute to and manage the strategy and day-to-day functioning of the Group’s HR operations. You will be pivotal in promoting the Group’s corporate values and shaping a positive workplace culture. This is a combined strategic and functional role supporting a dedicated team.
We are proud that our organisation and people contribute to the fabric of the Northern Territory. The Halikos Group’s mission is to employ locally, buy locally and reinvest profits back into the Northern Territory economy.
We work to maintain our hard fought reputation as being innovative, reliable and safety conscious. We promise to nurture our greatest assets; our people. The care and concern that we have for our employees, sub-contractors and clients enhances our ability to deliver quality products and services at all times. Through our Halikos Helping Hands we commit ourselves to support local charities, organisations and not for profits in the community.
- Set the HR agenda, working in partnership with the Directors and Senior Management to identify and facilitate effective, consistent people-management strategies that align with broader business objectives and drive an engaged and positive company culture.
- Execute HR strategies in a timely manner and take leadership over the day-to-day management of these functions.
- Provide high quality confidential HR advice to General Managers and Executives across the business, mostly relating to legislation, performance management, HR grievances and employee benefits.
- Ensure Enterprise Agreements and other applicable policies and procedures comply with the Fair Work Act, National Employment Standards, and relevant Awards; re-negotiating Agreements as required.
- Advise on and implement compliant and consistent change management procedures.
- Collaborate with and support the:
- Group Payroll Officer;
- The SEQ Manager;
- Our external HR partners; and
- Other internal and external stakeholders as required.
- Manage end-to-end recruitment and support hiring managers in the business, from drafting job descriptions and advertising roles to selection, contracting and onboarding.
- Ensure effective contract management practices.
- Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system
- Assess training needs, organise learning and development programs and monitor outcomes.
- Coordinate the Group’s participation in working visa schemes and support the business, as required, in applications to employ overseas skilled workers on visas.
- Analyse and report on HR metrics across the business.
- Oversee and refine employee standards, policies and procedures in conjunction with the SEQ Manager and other relevant parties.
- Manage employee relations function with respect to workplace disputes, investigations and disciplinary matters.
- Provide input and support to HR projects and other initiatives.
- Be a point of support for our Apprenticeship and Graduates program(s), to ensure their effective running, positive participant experience and positive employer reputation.
- Coordinate School Based Placements amongst the group, ensuring positive participant experience and employer reputation.
- Contribute to a physically and psychologically safe workplace.
- Engage with additional third-party stakeholders, including but not limited to Union Officials, other employee representatives and Fair Work personnel.
ESSENTIAL CRITERIAL – SKILLS
- Significant human resources generalist experience, with a strategic approach and proven results.
- People-oriented and able to effectively build and manage strong interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company.
- Excels in autonomous environments, while collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to achieve optimal outcomes in efficient timeframes.
- Excellent understanding of the Australian industrial relations landscape, including ability to interpret and apply relevant legislation and Awards.
- Tech savvy and comfortable with HR systems, databases and devising analytic metrics.
- Demonstrated change management experience.
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Strong problem-solving capabilities and willingness to seek solutions.
- A natural leader who empowers and motivates others to also perform at their best.
ESSENTIAL CRITERIAL – QUALIFICATIONS
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline (e.g. Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Psychology or Business Management).
- 5+ years of experience at HR Manager level.
- Full working rights in Australia.
- Experience in using HR and Payroll System Humanforce.
- Experience working in a HR role within the construction and/or hospitality industry.
The successful applicant will be highly organised, possess excellent communication skills, and have prior experience in a similar role.
Halikos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.