Working for an established development and construction company The Halikos Group, you will be hands-on and responsible for assisting with the execution and timely delivery of the $190M+ Charles Darwin University Education and Community Precinct Project in the Darwin CBD.
This role is responsible for the following activities:
- Prepare and critically review trade packages
- Understand scopes, project drawings and specifications
- Monitor and report on trade costs and variations
- Ensure accurate recording and filing
- Assist with obtaining required authority approvals
- Monitor progress of work against construction program and assist in identifying critical areas and risks
- Procure, critically review and coordinate required shop drawings
- Plan, schedule and coordinate trades for various works
- Assist to manage design consultants and design project requirements
- Assist to ensure all statutory requirements (i.e local council, EPA) are adhered to on site at all time
- Manage direct reports to support a performance-based team culture (if applicable)
- Mentor less experienced team members, including Graduates and Cadets
- Develop effective relationships with internal and external (clients, subcontractors, consultants etc.) stakeholders
- Comply with Halikos SEQ Policies, Plans and Procedures
- Actively support and drive a culture of safety first
- Identify and assess SEQ +risk and determine appropriate controls
- Monitor and ensure Halikos and subcontractors carry out safe work practices, in accordance with all legislative requirements, Halikos SEQ systems and SWMS’s.
- Tertiary qualifications in building, engineering, project management or other relevant discipline and/or demonstrated equivalent industry experience of 2+ years.
- Experience working on Construction Projects $20m+
- A technical working knowledge of all major building trades and services.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This is a full-time, permanent job and you must be an Australian resident or citizen to apply.