Working for an established development and construction company The Halikos Group, you will be hands-on and responsible for assisting with the execution and timely delivery of the $190M+ Charles Darwin University Education and Community Precinct Project in the Darwin CBD.
This role is responsible for the following activities:
- Assist the site team to effectively manage the planning and scheduling of works and the progress of works against program
- Understand project drawings, specifications and undertake scope reviews
- Responsible for assisting the Site Manger in site’s daily operations
- Ensure that all statutory requirements (i.e. local council, EPA) are adhered to on site at all times
- Attend subcontractor site meetings and report on specific matters when applicable
- Assist in the planning and development of access and movement with the Site Manager of all site resources and effectively manage site logistics
- Assist in the review and preparation of Subcontractor scopes of work
- Monitor and report on subcontractor works, trade costs and any variations
- Ensure external plant hire dockets, delivery dockets, internal plant, day labour and labour hire and deliver daily to the Contracts Administrator
- Develop effective relationships with internal and external (subcontractors, workers, unions etc.) stakeholders
- Inspecting construction site regularly to identify and eliminate potential safety hazards.
- Represent Halikos in a professional and ethical manner
- Comply with and ensure safe work practices are carried out in accordance with all legislative requirements, Halikos SEQ systems, policies and procedures
- Effectively assist with the safety performance of Halikos and subcontractors to ensure safe work practices are carried out in accordance with all legislative requirements, Halikos SEQ requirements and SWMS
- Comply with and ensure project works completed are in accordance with Halikos Quality Management Policies, Plans and Procedures
- Support to lead and motivate the project and site teams to foster positive team dynamics, high levels of engagement and work outcomes
- Tertiary qualifications in building, engineering, project management or other relevant discipline and/or demonstrated equivalent industry experience of 3+ years.
- Experience working on Construction Projects $10m+
- A technical working knowledge of all major building trades and services.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This is a full-time, permanent job and you must be an Australian resident or citizen to apply.